Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Third S ~ Seiso


The third S in the 5s System is Seiso.
   Seiso means to Shine. Seiso is the sweeping phase or the systematic cleaning of your workplace to keep it neat and tidy. Seiso is the only phase that is considered a daily activity. Seiso should be performed at the end of each shift to ensure everything is cleaned, and restored to its proper place. Seiso makes it easy to know where everything goes and what items are essential to the workplace.
   How do you make your home Shine? This is basically your "Spring Cleaning". Use cleaning as a method of inspection. Cleanliness reveals problems. Maybe the area you are cleaning needs painting, scouring, sweeping, washing, rinsing or scrubbing. Sanitizing means to do everything you need to do to make your home "Shine".
   What problems will my closet reveal? It hasn't been painted or vacuumed since we moved here. I am sure there are cobwebs and dust bunnies that weren't reached. Does my shelf or clothes bar need reinforcement? These and other questions will be answered as soon as I get in there and start deep cleaning.
   By the time I have finished my hundred days, everything essential will be in its place and my home will Shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment