Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 5 ~ Clutter Challenge



   I am going to be productive today, inspite of not being able to physically do anything else in my closet. I have made an inventory of our clothes. You can download an inventory sheet here. I will have inventory sheets for each area of your home. It's a great way to know what you have and what you may need to purchase.
  • Are you out of anything you need for this weeks grocery run? 
  •  Does your child need any shorts or shirts for this Spring? 
  • Are you out of cleaners or toiletries?
   The next step, is making labels. I can go ahead and make labels for the items I know will be in my closet. I plan on moving a six drawer, wire system from my laundry room and use it in the closet. I can  make the labels for the items I know I will put in the drawers. If you have a label maker, then you are on your way. If you don't, but have a printer, you can print out the names on the labels. If you don't want to use your ink for this, you can always print on the labels with a marker (Avery has a wizard toolbar that will help you design and merge your labels onto one sheet). It may seem a little ridiculous to have labels around your house, in your cabinets and closets, but it is the clearest way for people to know where you want the items to go. There will be no question. Even your preschoolers can help. If you want to get them involved, a picture is worth a thousand words.

No comments:

Post a Comment