Saturday, March 31, 2012

Master Bedroom 5s System COMPLETE ~ Day 34


These are before pictures to remind you where I came from

Before ~ Corner

Before ~ Dresser

Before ~ Night Stand

It is Clean and I am finished! I even made an attempt  to decorate. There are a few family pictures and shelves on the wall

After ~ TV corner

After ~ Other Side of the Room. I still have my preschoolers dresser, but it's easier on me for the time being.
  THREE WEEKS and it's finished.
Here is the 5s System at work.
1st S ~ Sort : I pulled everything out from under the bed, 
2nd S ~ Straighten or Visualize : I want to move the bookcase out, maybe move around some furniture and put some pictures on the wall.
3rd S ~ Shine : I cleaned by the ceiling with a covered broom, cleaned the ceiling fan, the large glass door, polished the furniture, cleaned the baseboards and vacuumed the floors. 
4th S ~ Systemize : I labeled the under bed totes for easy access.
5th S ~ Sustain : I have a picture in my 5S Housekeeping Binder that will hold me accountable to how the Master Bedroom should look and a schedule for regular cleaning

  The worst, packed room in the house in order. My hotspots are staying clean because I am continuing with my 5th S ~ Sustain. Wow, It feels so good to walk in my clean room. You know how it feels when you conquer a goal you've set. I had to attack in little bites, sometimes only 15 -20 minutes a day. You can do anything for 15 min.
  Do you have an organizational goal that you just haven't been able to get to? Start today by just doing it for 15 minutes. Before you know it, you will be finished. Small steps, goal completed.
  How are you coming with the 100 Day Clutter Challenge? Link up. I'd love to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment