Monday, March 19, 2012

My 1st Money Maker ~ Consignment Sale


Whenever I am going through clothes, I always think to myself, is there anyone this size I can bless. If there isn't anyone, I set it aside. Iif it's in good condition, I put it aside for a consignment sale. Our local area has 3 or 4 running twice a year. The one I like to go to was last weekend. When the consignment sale is over, the churches pick a few ministries and donate what they have left. They usually contact women's shelters or crisis pregnancy centers. It is a continuing blessing.

 For best results:
Follow their rules of pinning and tagging and which direction your hangers should face
Make sure your items are stain-free
Items are freshly washed and pressed
Items have all the pieces or are marked with anything that may be missing
Give yourself enough time to sort and pin

Our sale offers a higher percentage of sales to keep if you volunteer for 3-4 hours. I love to work there as a cashier. I have met a lot of real nice ladies. As a volunteer, I also get to shop early, but I usually wait for the 1/2 price sale at the end of the day. In my case, I usually break even since I am buying for 5 children. I look forward to it every season.

As you are sorting, keep a consignment sale for your area in mind and make a little extra money.

No comments:

Post a Comment